A Retreat-Style Gathering of Conscious Community For the Total Solar Eclipse
Weekend of April 5-8, 2024 Johnson City, Texas. USA
Plant your Celestial Seeds as the suns goes dark.
Celebrate the Mystery Moon Divine Alignment.
Commemorate the Arrival of the Bright New You with Song & Dance, Camping & Community.
Fruitarian and Vegan ~ Plant Based ~ Family Friendly ~ Safe, Sane and Sober
Venders and Special Sacred Services (Healers-Tarot-Reiki and more…) Please join us!!!
Camp on the stunning grounds under ancient oaks and grand pecans next to a year-round spring-fed creek to enjoy a fun festival weekend, including exciting music performances, DJ tunes, art installations and exhibits, and Interactive Activations in anticipation of the Eclipse.
What is an Eclipse?
A total solar eclipse is when the sky goes completely dark because the moon passes between the sun and the earth. The phenomenon has such an awe-inspiring effect that there are people – known as eclipse chasers – who travel all over the world to see them. It is a once-in-a-lifetime rare opportunity to witness the cosmos in motion. A total solar eclipse can only be seen from the same place, on average, once every 375 years. There will not be another Total Eclipse in the United States until 2044. See it now while you can!
Here is a preview of how the Eclipse will look in our location: https://eclipse2024.org/eclipse-simulator/2024/index.html?city_id=38945
The Seed of Life Sanctuary is in Hill Country on the Texas 290 Wine Trail
- 7 miles West of Johnson City near Hye.
- 1 hour drive From Austin and San Antonio cities and airports.
- Map: https://maps.app.goo.gl/4C8dMi6um4gFnqd89
Plan to come early and stay awhile. Traffic will be heavily increased in the area, especially coming from the Austin or San Antonio areas. We cannot guarantee that the weather will cooperate, however due to our usual April weather (clear skies and low chance of rain), Johnson City, TX is expected to be one of the peak locations to witness this eclipse. The city is preparing for over 100,000+ tourists to be in the area all weekend. Neighboring cities expect similar attendance. Most of Austin will only have a partial or brief look at the total eclipse, many visitors from the metropolis are expected to drive out for the day on Monday. Please plan accordingly.
Why Seedling Stock?
Yes, you could go to other events, but they will NOT be focused as ours in specifically on raising consciousness during this important celestial alignment event. We will be specifically addressing goal setting, mindfulness, self-realization and planting planetary peace. Plus, this is a participatory event: Bring your music, art, activations and installations for the weekend. Let us know what you wish to offer? Do you have expertise on a subject you would like to talk about? A food presentation? Yoga? Sound Bowls or Baths? Meditation Leadership? Art? Musical Skill? Juggling? Any other random special talent? Step right up! Think of this as a sort of drug-free Burning Man!
While there will be free options to watch the eclipse from the side of a road, they come with crowds and no special activities. Seedling Stock offers not just a viewing, but a life-altering experience in a serene, beautiful setting for you to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime event. The wildflowers should be in peak bloom around this timeframe. The Seed of Life has littered its grounds with tons of seeds from Wildseed Farms. Again, we cannot guarantee Mother Nature cooperates, but we hope to have a lovely display for you to photograph and enjoy. And yes, you can pick the flowers here! Plus, what other festivals give you the opportunity to bring your kayak to drift up and down the Renowned Rocky Creek!
Cost – Scholarships
This event is 100% scholarship based. This means it is a “pay what you can afford” style event. Keep in mind that most other events and camping opportunities in the area start at $300 a night and go up from there to multiple $1000s. This gathering of the tribe will help us raise funds to pay for our outrageously high property taxes.
We hope that if you have working capital you will want to support the mission of the Seed of Life and pay a higher value so we can continue to produce events like this. The minimum suggested donation is $100 for access of up to 3 nights of camping (whether or not you stay all 3 nights). However, no one will be turned away for lack of funds, so please consider paying it forward for someone in a current financial bind. The first 40 people who register will receive a free pair of eclipse glasses. Because everyone will be on a Scholarship basis, all guests will required to submit a written request to join. We’d like to make sure you agree to our plant-based, sober orientation for the weekend, sign a liability waiver, and also let us know if and how you will actively contribute and participate in this event. We want you to contribute your gift and passion whatever it is.
This is a private party event and we will have very limited parking and a capped attendance. We do not expect to offer “day-of” Monday-only admittance. Guests not registered will not be allowed on the property. This will help all maintain a safe ceremonial vibe to the weekend.
This is primitive camping. Campsites do not have electric, nor water hookups. RVs must be self-contained. Generators are allowed but are not to be a nuisance to other campers. Solar power is welcomed for all campsites.
- Please leave ALL Pets at home. Emotional Support Animals MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES.
- LEAVE NO TRACE. This is a pack in and pack out camping event. We currently do not have trash service at the property. There will be no excess trash cans on site, so please bring bags to take your trash home with you.
- Central “bucket” toilets provided. Handwashing stations will also be available.
- Firewood bundles will also be available for campfires on a Love donation.
Book soon, as spots will go quickly.
Vendors, Services & Sponsorships
Immediately after the eclipse, we expect that there will be significant traffic coming through the area. (People looking for the “:next” thing to do. We may open our gates to outside visitors at that point in order to bring more opportunities to anyone who has set up a vending table.
If you are interested in vending or hosting a service space of any kind, please let us know in advance. These spaces will be 100% FREE. However, if you make any sales, we ask that that you tithe a portion of your gross back to the Seed of Life.
If you would like to help underwrite this and future events. Sponsorship Opportunities are available which would include mentions on Website and signage at the event. We hope that THIS eclipse gathering will be the first of an ANNUAL Seedling Stock!!!
Guests are expected to bring outside food and beverages. We ask that you limit your personal provisions to vegetarian fare, with vegan for the sharing table. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed. This is a clean and sober event. On Saturday – we will be trying out a brand new idea – B.Y.O.V. Bring your own veggies BBQ potluck! There will be a large shared food potluck table for the entire weekend. Please bring non-perishable pot-luck items to share. (Make sure you bring a weighted covering of some kind for your dishes!) There is limited space in a communal fridge for perishables. The Seed of Life will provide ‘breaking the fast’ mid-morning green drinks each day. And we hope to provide additional provisions. Donations to the Seed of Life to such underwrite provisions will be greatly appreciated. If you know anyone with a veg-friendly food truck, please invite them to participate!
Friday April 5, 2024
- 8PM Shabbat Service – Leadership Circle. Be a part of the Blessing. Join us as we gather in the Ceremony Space by firelight to set our intentions and ask for protection and blessings for the weekend.
- 9-11 PM Ecstatic Dance (Chillout, Meditation, Fusion) Under the Stars
Saturday April 6, 2024
- 10 AM Morning Guided Meditation
- 11 AM ON Picnic Game Day – Challenge your friends to Monster Kerplunk, Conscious Cornhole, Saggy Badminton, Horseshoes, Dart Tournaments
- 12 NOON Fruit-Luck
- 3 PM Guided Nature Walk – Edible plants and more… Opportunity to plant seeds and seedlings!
- 5 PM B.Y.O.V. Communal Vegetable BarBeQue. Bring your organic cut-up veggies to skewer and throw on the fire. Bring your special BBQ sauce to share with the gang.
- 8 PM Ceremonial Cacao
- 9-11 PM Ecstatic Dance (Bossa, Electronica, House, Disco) Under the Stars
Sunday April 7, 2024
- 10 AM Morning Guided Meditation
- 11 AM Special Speakers Share Sermons, Lectures and Presentations on various Enlightened topics.
- 12 NOON Fruit-Luck
- 1 PM Continued Presentations
- 3 PM Afternoon drum circle
- 5 PM Evening Live Music Performance by ___
- 8 PM Ceremonial “Spicy” Cacao
- 9-11 PM Heart-Conscious Ecstatic Dance (Brazilian, World Beats) Under the Stars
- 11 PM Late night Star Gazing in the Dark Sky with the New Moon
Monday April 8, 2024
- 11 AM Communal Banishing Ritual
- 12 AM Fruit-Luck
- 12:15 PM Partial Eclipse begins
- 1 PM Begin Intention Circle on Main Stage
- 1:33PM Full Eclipse begins
- 1:35 PM Maximum Eclipse OVER 4 minutes at MAXIMUM for an Epic amount of time!
- 1:37 PM Full Eclipse ends
- 2:30 PM – Front of Property OPEN to visitors for Vendors.
- 2:56 PM Partial Eclipse ends